1997 - 2003 F-150

Clutch Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Bypass

I have an 03 F150 with the 5speed and I'm wondering if anybody has bypassed their neutral safety switch, aka not having to use the clutch to start the truck. All the forums only have it for pre-97 f150's. So I'm wondering will it apply for mine or not since the 92+ have the Mazda 5speeds I believe. I want to do it for off-roading and such.
Thanks!

Old 08-11-2015, 10:16 PM
The switch is under the dash on the clutch actuator rod. You have to take the cover off to remove it. It just snaps together or apart. There is a connector with up to 6 wires coming out of it or 3 pairs. If it's an XL with no options like cruise there will only be 2 wires. I believe if you jump the two closest to the firewall you disable the safety the 2 in the middle are for cruise, probably don't want to disable that if you have it. If the 2 closest to the firewall aren't it, try the 2 closest to the driver.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:04 PM
Question Those six wires on the neutral safety switch

Originally Posted by 5spd
The switch is under the dash on the clutch actuator rod. You have to take the cover off to remove it. It just snaps together or apart. There is a connector with up to 6 wires coming out of it or 3 pairs. If it's an XL with no options like cruise there will only be 2 wires. I believe if you jump the two closest to the firewall you disable the safety the 2 in the middle are for cruise, probably don't want to disable that if you have it. If the 2 closest to the firewall aren't it, try the 2 closest to the driver.
I understand from what you are saying that the wires pair up to complete three circuits? I got a truck that was automatic and i put in a stick and i got the clutch switch but i am at a loss to know what the six wires control. Any way to help me find a diagram? thanks,

Quick Reply: Clutch Bypass