1997 - 2003 F-150

Homemade differential drop

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homemade differential drop

Hey guys i was just wondering if anybody has a solution to my problem. I have my torsion bars cranked up on my 03 f150 4x4, and ive been replacing CV axles like crazy. I have lowered it some to take the tension off of it but it still tears the boots. I know a suspension lift kit comes with a differential drop bracket but im not particularly looking to lift my truck or spend $1,000 on a lift kit, has anybody ever came up with a cheap, reliable solution to this problem. Ive seen on tacomas people have took washers or cold rolled steel to use as spacers in turn dropping the differential a couple inches, i can fabricate and work with my hands, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 12-21-2020, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also trying to find options

Originally Posted by 03supercabXLT
Hey guys i was just wondering if anybody has a solution to my problem. I have my torsion bars cranked up on my 03 f150 4x4, and ive been replacing CV axles like crazy. I have lowered it some to take the tension off of it but it still tears the boots. I know a suspension lift kit comes with a differential drop bracket but im not particularly looking to lift my truck or spend $1,000 on a lift kit, has anybody ever came up with a cheap, reliable solution to this problem. Ive seen on tacomas people have took washers or cold rolled steel to use as spacers in turn dropping the differential a couple inches, i can fabricate and work with my hands, any suggestions would be appreciated.

have you ever found a alternative to drop your front differential?

Quick Reply: Homemade differential drop