1997 - 2003 F-150

NO OD light or switch function..

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO OD light or switch function..

Hello all. I have a 2001 F150 5.4 and it has been running ok up til now. On the way home it started bucking/surging for a few times then stopped then did it again. It did this several times then seemed to quit and luckily I was home. Thinking the converter was locking/unlocking I tried pushing the OD **** several times and NOTHING happened NO LIGHT NO dash indicators NOTHING. At no time did I ever have a flashing OD light. I checked the 5 amp fuse and it is GOOD. I have read many posts that point to the gear shift stalk and wiring that runs inside chaffing. I have removed the stalk from the vehicle and ohm'd it out and all wires and switch appear to be o.k. NO obvious breaks/melting of the wire. So, is it possible this assembly can bench check OK and yet when installed back in the vehicle still NOT WORK??? I have read/been told the connector under the dash goes into the main harness and to the PCM. No switches/relays or other electrical components to get in the way. Do NOT know if this is correct or not. BOTTOM line, I am out of ideas and the dealer wants $75 for the part. Hate to pay and find out the problem is still NOT resolved. ANY help or suggestions given to get my truck back on the road will be appreciated. Oh, I checked to see if I had any misfire codes and there were NONE. THANKS....

Quick Reply: NO OD light or switch function..