1997 - 2003 F-150

2001 4.6L Still missing

Old 07-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
We still have not heard about any codes!
The engine is run by computer program and not by guess what cylinder is in trouble, like old carbed engines.
The crank sensor measures rotation time and compairs it with the average times of all cylinders for a normal engine as the way a 'hard' cylinder miss is detected.
I think you confusing yourself over this by the way your going about it.
Good luck.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The truck has coil on plug packs as I stated earlier in the post. Sorry if me saying coil pack confused you jbrew.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rleelynch
The truck has coil on plug packs as I stated earlier in the post. Sorry if me saying coil pack confused you jbrew.
It didn't confuse me, but you were. - As I explained. So yea, your welcome.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Jbrew I know what my truck has on it. I have never been confused that they were COP's. Coil packs are just a general term and since I stated the truck had COP's in my first post.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:32 PM

Jbrew I know what my truck has on it. I have never been confused that they were COP's. Coil packs are just a general term and since I stated the truck had COP's in my first post.
It's the incorrect "general term" and completely untrue. Two completely different ig systems. Accept it and be thankful. It is what it is, you learned something. Doesn't make sense to get butt hurt over it. Unless you there's some sort of brain damage here.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Jbrew who uses butt hurt in a message board unless they are a pedophile. Sounds like you are the one with brain damage. Anyway update....Ran codes last night at advance and does not show any codes. Still has a slight miss but it is more intermittant now. I replaced a couple vacuum lines that looked bad. Helped for one quick trip up the road then back to the slight miss. Should I take the throttle body off and clean it?

Old 09-06-2011, 04:15 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
In my opinion, anyone who lets jbrew get under their skin has a self-esteem problem. If you don't want to hear what he has to say, just go away. He'll never change.

If you ignore his BS, he can teach you a LOT about these trucks. Pretty small price to pay.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So what gives on the misfire. I had the same problem.. turned out to be a lean miss at idle but cleared above 1000 rpm. O/2's were working correctly as well as MAF. Excal and dyno got rid of it.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Ok so the miss comes and goes. It doesnt miss at all when I first start it up(usually only use the truck on the weekends) but after the truck gets warmed up it will start to miss. The hose from the back of the throttle body to the evap vcv (?) on the firewall was really rotten so I replaced it with hose from the local autoparts store. I took the truck up the road for a test drive and it ran great but now it is back to missing. Can someone please help with this the miss is getting annoying!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:50 AM

Jbrew who uses butt hurt in a message board unless they are a pedophile.
So, I'm a child molester ? I didn't see no other definition for that word.

Huh.

That's a new one. You are very ill buddy.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
A second request to discribe when the miss occurrs.
....It's not good enough on these motors to be to general about the miss because of all the different control routines a computer program does during driveing.
....A miss is one or more cylinders not producing any power during it's power stroke as sensed by the crank sensor.
....Could be a coil, a PCM switch, a plug, or an injector that any may be heat sensitive to.
....These are often marginal and require some close looking and observation to zero in on the cause. The computer cannot 'pick out' the cause but does react to it.
....The motor had more than one fault that was confusing the whole issue, with the advent of the intake rubber fitting being faulty.
....I would ask everyone to stop the pi**ing back and forth and focus on the problem if any help it to be offered.
Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 4.6L Still missing