1997 - 2003 F-150

02 f150 gurgling/water slushing sound air conditioning

Old 06-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 f150 gurgling/water slushing sound air conditioning

i had to replace and re-solder the high pressure hose on the compressor block due to rust and corrosion eating a pin hole in it and losing pressure.

after getting everything back together i am getting gurgling or water slushing sound noise type sounds coming from the dash near heater core when the ac is running. it blows semi-cold air but the pressure line is ice cold after running for a few minutes.

im wondering what could be causing this. initially i thought it might be a misplaced orifice tube but the tube is installed in the smaller line (that is the high pressure line, correct??) right after the bend and before the firewall where the two lines connect.

anyone have any thoughts? it has held pressure since sunday so i dont think i have any leaks. sounds like a restriction or air or vacum like problem perhaps but not sure. sounds like its coming from within the dash so maybe the dryer on the passenger side?

any thoughts are welcome. not too sure where to start.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by a_user
i had to replace and re-solder the high pressure hose on the compressor block due to rust and corrosion eating a pin hole in it and losing pressure.

after getting everything back together i am getting gurgling or water slushing sound noise type sounds coming from the dash near heater core when the ac is running. it blows semi-cold air but the pressure line is ice cold after running for a few minutes.

im wondering what could be causing this. initially i thought it might be a misplaced orifice tube but the tube is installed in the smaller line (that is the high pressure line, correct??) right after the bend and before the firewall where the two lines connect.

anyone have any thoughts? it has held pressure since sunday so i dont think i have any leaks. sounds like a restriction or air or vacum like problem perhaps but not sure. sounds like its coming from within the dash so maybe the dryer on the passenger side?

any thoughts are welcome. not too sure where to start.
Are you sure that the drain tube isn't plugged?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by enriched
Are you sure that the drain tube isn't plugged?
Sorry for the delayed response!

Yup I had checked the drain plug as one of the first steps. It starts making this noise as soon as the automated climate control is turned on. It does this so long as the compressor is running including when i have the heat set to on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 f150 gurgling/water slushing sound air conditioning