1997 - 2003 F-150

Multi Function Switch// Wiring Diagram? ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multi Function Switch// Wiring Diagram? ?

Hey all, I'm trying to find out some information about the multi function switch and how it works and what not. Any info or nudges in the right direction are greatly apriciated.

So what I want to know is, is it possible to modify the wiring to the switch to make the dims stay on when the brights are turned on? I know that when the dims are on and you use your flash to pass it is brighter than just the brights, so that makes me think the dims and brights are on at the same time. Can you make it so that when you turn on the brights it does the same thing? If so, is there any danger in running both brights and dims for long periods of time (such as over heating the bulbs or something?)

My goal is to make the lights as bright as possible without going HID or adding extra driving lights. I do a lot of night driving on deserted country roads and I want em lit up like daylight. I have already done the foglight mod and have a set of sylvania sylverstars in and it is pretty bright, but i want em brighter! .... if its possible. Again thanks for any help.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is all the info you need. I have done this mod on 3 trucks so far and LOVE it. Works great, and with SilverStars, I have not melted any lenses. Be aware that the wiring diagram is missing a ground for the second relay as shown.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...me-scully.html

Quick Reply: Multi Function Switch// Wiring Diagram? ?