1997 - 2003 F-150

Help!?! Can't get home, truck stuck at work!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!?! Can't get home, truck stuck at work!

i've been going through some heater issues, you can see tat post in the HVAC column. Anyway, so I did the heater treater fix, backed the truck out of the drive no problem. Then boss man thought it would be a good idea to see if I could run a small space heater and plug it into my power converter. Just as I suspected the fuse for the power converter blew. So we left it at that and headed off to work. I get back to work, fixing to leave, start my truck and begin to back out no problem. Then I decide I needed that fuse fixed, because that circuit is what was powering my Edge Evo. So I shut off the truck, and start popping fuses without unhooking the battery, thinking no-biggie. I've done it before without trouble. Well not this time. Now the truck starts up`, but then the OD light is flashing on and off, and I have NO power in reverse or drive. Just like a shift selinoid is out. So I figured the CPU may be a little confused from my fuse popping party, and I disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes to clear the thing. Well, that doesnt work either. Still no power in drive or reverse. Any other ideas? I;ve looked at EVERY fuse now, and only had to replace the one that the power inverter was tied into. All the others are fine. Anyone?

Old 12-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Update:
Codes on CEL:

p0443 Evap Emission Vapor Manegement fault
p1451 Evap control system vent control calve circuit malfunction
p1747 unknown
p0755 unknown
p0743 unknown
p0740 unknown
p0758 unknown
p1760 unknown
p0135 (H02SHTR11) Heater circuit malfunction
p0141 (H02SHTR12) Heater circuit malfunction
p0155 (H02SHTR21) Heater circuit malfunction
p0161 (Ho2SHTR22) Heater circuit malfunction
p1409 (EVAP) Circuit fault
p1460 (WAC) Circuit fault

I cleared the CEL's and am letting the engine run, "hoping" that it will think itself out.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Old 12-05-2009, 12:59 AM
What do you mean by popping fuses?

Old 12-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Sorry, "popping" was a bad description... I was actually pulling fuses one by one to see which was burnt out.

I ended up fixing the problem the same way, except this time I left the engine running and pulled them out one by one.

Eventually I hit the right fuse and everyhting is back to normal.

Funny though, afterwards my heater started working again! For two days anyway, now it's out again. Back to the drawing board.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by WarrenH.
Sorry, "popping" was a bad description... I was actually pulling fuses one by one to see which was burnt out.

I ended up fixing the problem the same way, except this time I left the engine running and pulled them out one by one.

Eventually I hit the right fuse and everyhting is back to normal.

Funny though, afterwards my heater started working again! For two days anyway, now it's out again. Back to the drawing board.
Good to hear you got it running good again.
Question:

Does your heater core get hot???,

you can touch this now sence you did the heater treater chop.

Quick Reply: Help!?! Can't get home, truck stuck at work!