1997 - 2003 F-150

I have almost all I need for my long travel kit except..

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have almost all I need for my long travel kit except..

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody knew any good websites where I can go on and find some good used or new parts. I've already searched race-dezert.com and haven't found what I need. I haven't had any luck from anyone local because I'm from South Texas so 99% of everyone here has no idea what a prerunner even is. lol Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I have an 02 Screw FX4. So if anyone knows anybody with spare parts let me know. I almost have everything so the anticipation is killing me lol

Old 11-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

you might need to be more specific to what your looking for

Old 11-30-2009, 10:43 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
possible spammer????

*EDIT*

if this is not a spammer and the individual has been approaching people with the same attitude no wonders he/she/it cannot find whatever he/she/it is looking for

Last edited by stoffer; 11-30-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Well at the moment, I need 2 pairs of either Fox or King 2.0" X 3" hydraulic bumpstops, some Deaver F49 springs, and maybe a fiberglass single piece hood/fenders. Other than minor things like that I have everything I need like I said. But if anybody has any other available shocks, preferably either Fox or King 2.5" X 10" coilovers or 2.5" X 16" remote res. or any rebuild kits, I'd consider buying them, even though I already have the ones I need.

:Point: - saying it's a 02 Screw prerunner is pretty much indicative of what I need.. what else could someone have besides their kit, shocks, fenders/bedsides and springs... that's about it. Not that complicated. Sorry I didn't dilute it enough for you to understand.

Last edited by Orion02; 11-30-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Orion02
Well at the moment, I need 2 pairs of either Fox or King 2.0" X 3" hydraulic bumpstops, some Deaver F49 springs, and maybe a fiberglass single piece hood/fenders. Other than minor things like that I have everything I need like I said. But if anybody has any other available shocks, preferably either Fox or King 2.5" X 10" coilovers or 2.5" X 16" remote res. or any rebuild kits, I'd consider buying them, even though I already have the ones I need.

:Point: - saying it's a 02 Screw prerunner is pretty much indicative of what I need.. what else could someone have besides their kit, shocks, fenders/bedsides and springs... that's about it. Not that complicated. Sorry I didn't dilute it enough for you to understand.
good luck with that attitude around here. saying you have almost all the pieces means absolutely nothing. we have no idea how far you are going with the prerunner setup, just the looks or a full on real prerunner. so it could mean you have everything but limitting straps or everything but hardware, or everything but a roll cage, or everything but seats, or everything but the SRH DC and Famous stickers for the back window

now i could tell you places to get everything you need but not with your attitude

Old 11-30-2009, 02:57 PM
sounds like you are missing a few parts actually.

But ive got some extra nuts and bolt i can throw your way. Not sure what they will fit but whatever.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Well my kit contains limiting straps and all hardware, I don't care about the look with the stickers and what not. I do have a rollcage, bedcage, and seats. The reason for the thread was to see if anybody had any info on websites much relating to race-dezert.com that has classifieds pertaining to prerunners or knew anyone with prerunner parts. The initial post was broad because the specificity of the parts I need to finish would have been satisfied by the web site information and any other parts I was offered, I would consider as spares. A lot of the parts used on these trucks are interchangeable or easily fabricated. So in that sense, since I am new to this site and I don't know how many guys on here have prerunner set ups, hopefully the ones that do, would either offer the website information or offer the parts they have available to sell.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Since I go to school about 5 hours away from where I live, I don't want to finish my setup without having spare parts. I'd be too tempted to test it out and with my luck, I'd break something. And no, I don't want your extra nuts and bolt, hahah you can keep that to yourself!

Last edited by Orion02; 11-30-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Old 12-02-2009, 03:17 AM
uh, no. you never said what you had, so how are we supposed to know what you need? i dont think you'll be gettin much help around here.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:10 AM
what kit are you going to run on the front being that its 4x4? most prerunners are 2 wheel drive because the 4x4 makes it so much more complicated and limits the amount of travel. As far as another site goes try www.dezertrangers.com. There are some other ones out there but that & RDC are the main two that I monitor.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:33 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Not that complicated. Sorry I didn't dilute it enough for you to understand.
Oh brother.. Hey, dilute this - chiiik chiik FIRE !

gotchuh

Old 12-03-2009, 01:40 AM
blahahha

not sure why he didnt take me up on the random nuts and bolts i offered

Old 12-03-2009, 03:03 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
blahahha

not sure why he didnt take me up on the random nuts and bolts i offered
I would of, I lost a caliper anchor bolt recently and if it wasn't for keg of spare factory bolts (left overs), - I would have been stuck until I got to the dealer.

That sucker was a 10.9 ! Had doubts, but I dug up about 3 of em

Quick Reply: I have almost all I need for my long travel kit except..