Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

1997 - 2003 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Garage is empty, add now

02 F150 Mirror Disassembly

Anyone have a guide or can tell me how to disassemble a side mirror on a 97-03 F150? I need the color matched shell to replace the solid black one for the aftermarket mirrors.

Any ideas? Links? I tried the search engine but it doesn't seem to be working for me.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Garage is empty, add now

i thought they were just tabs that hold it in place. but someone please correct me if im wrong.
trust earned, never given
Old 03-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F-150 5.4L 4x4
after removing the door panel, there's only wiring and three studs with nuts bolted onto them holding the mirror on.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Garage is empty, add now

oops, i thought the original poster was just asking about the cover on the back of the mirror.
trust earned, never given
Old 03-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxgsxr View Post
oops, i thought the original poster was just asking about the cover on the back of the mirror.
That's what I thought too. If that's the case, then yeah, it's just tabs like you're saying. However, the covers don't seem to be made to come back off easily. A while back I had to buy a replacement mirror and also needed to change the cover. I couldn't get the old one off without breaking the tabs. I didn't need it anyway so I didn't care. The new one just snapped into place. Less than a 5 minute job.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:04 PM