Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best bedliner for the money?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best bedliner for the money?

im new to this forum, not new to trucks, but i bought an 05 lariat f150 and i want a good bedliner. are there any alternatives to spray in bedliners? no penda liners or anything like those either. they hold water like swimming pools, stuff slides around and makes a mess, and im a carpenter, so i always have stuff in the bed of my truck. is their any good compromise here? one that wont be a pool and retain water, scuff and scratch the hell out of my new truck like my sh**ty penda liner did from vibrating, but i also dont want a spray in liner thats going to chip and fade and still allow my truck to get all dented...i mean its a truck and all, thats what its for, but its MY BRAND NEW TRUCK! just cause its a truck doesnt mean that i want to beat the bed to hell. am i asking too much? help me if you can...

Old 12-15-2005, 12:28 PM
I've never heard of anything in between.....I would go with a spray in if I were you. Rhino liners is a brand of them that I think is suppose to be pretty good. Maybe theres a way that they can put like a rubber pad underneath the spray in?? Sounds like a concept to me. I haven't looked into it much, mine came with a plastic liner from the factory.

Old 12-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Personally I think spray-ins are not worth the money but that's just my opinion.

Might want to check out something called DualComp liner. Its got a rubber mat for the floor (totally non skid) and plastic walls pieces. I think it looks like a nice compromise that might work for you.

Old 12-15-2005, 01:47 PM
i did a google search for dualcomp liners and found their website...i think i may have found the happy medium i was looking for! Thanks a bunch jdew1920, do you have one of these? does anyone have one of these? looks like a great concept but it'd be nice to know how they hold up, if they fade, crack, etc over time. anyone know anything about these or have one?

Old 12-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Get a spray liner and a bed mat. Im going with a bed rug. Good luck.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Your friendly neighborhood DualComp man

Do not worry, never fear, the DualComp man is finally here...

Sorry, couldn't resist racing to the rescue. And dropping in the superhero references!

If you search the forum, you'll find a lot of posts about bedliners in general. After 28 years driving pick ups, I found the DualComp liner. Tried every type of bedliner over the years:

Mats were great for non-skid and floor dent protection - wheelwells always got hammered.

Thought the drop-in was the cure, no dents - scuffs the paint and the first time your cargo tries to come into the cab through the back window... you've all been there.

BedRug - lasted a couple months before I tore it up.

Spray-ins looked really nice - no dent protection and I gouged and peeled them all, and most of them are as slippery as the spray-ins.

Then I found DualComp. It worked so well, I hunted down the owner and joined the team!

Idea is simple, think about a tire and wheel - they aren't the same material, because there isn't one material that works for the whole package. DualComp is the same way. You need dent and skid resistance on the floor, the rubber mat does both better than anything else. On the sidewalls, you need dent protection, and to lose minimal space, this is a great place for hard polyethylene.

As a side note, we are giving the DualComp bedliner a brand name, DualLiner. We always have to explain that DualComp stands for Dual Compostion... at least with DualLiner most guys will get the idea to look in the bed!

Please feel free to ask any more questions, happy to help you (and anyone else out).

Old 12-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will find good and bad comments abouts ALL the bedliner types (including spray-ons). I FINALLY found a comment about Dual Comp. This is the first comment (other than from Bryndon) I've ever seen. It's posted on another forum by Badd Dogg Guy19. Can I mention the other forum? Here it is, cut and paste:

Hey everyone, I recently had up a post about my Dual-comp liner, and how I dont really like it. Does anyone have a bed rug in their truck? Im wondering about the fit, Thats one prob. I have with the Dual-comp. Also, are these Bedrugs as stain resistant as they say they are??

My big problem is, the Dual-comp doesnt fit good, and the rubber mat bottom sounds like a good idea, But I hurt my back twice trying to put wood in my truck from the local Home Depot, and the material just stopped short in its tracks, while I was pushing it in, and I had pain for days!! I want something that will let me slide things in a little more easier.

I really dont dump things like fresh mulch, or rocks, or sand in my bed, the only thing I do once in a while is put an engine or something in, being a gearhead, and if so, I put a peice of plywood under it, so that would help with the heavy grime and stains.

Anybody with the bedrug, give me a shout, let me know how you like it.

Question for Bryndon: What's the warranty on Dual Comps, I didn't see it on the website?

Last edited by TruckGasm; 12-16-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:42 AM
Actually there have been comments here, I think cmheald was one of them.

First time I ever heard of this guy and his dislike - of course if you try to slide something it won't push easy, that's the point. Also means stuff won't slide out when you accelerate or slam into the cab when you hit the brakes. Also interesting that he never contacted us about any issue he was having.

As I have posted many times, there is no one perfect bedliner for everyone. That's why it's so funny when guys ask what's the best bedliner and people give them an answer without asking the questions. There are people that like their drop-ins because they want stuff to slide.

As to warranty, it's a three year limited. I need to update the website and add it. I handle the warranty here and we have never had anyone even complain about any issues - other than we had a few parts that slipped through our old quality system that were poorly formed, all were obviously taken care of without charge - parts shipped direct, so they didn't have to go out of their way.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:05 AM
I went to the other forum and here's another comment by Badd Dogg Guy19

"About the Dualcomp bedliner... I thought it was a good idea at first, the ads make it all seem so good. The rubber mat Idea sounded good, but for me, its a pain in the butt. Im used to having the plastic drop in liners, and being able to slide 2x4's and wood in and out, but this rubber mat, stops everything in its tracks. Yea, might be good for keeping stuff in place, but its a big pain whan it comes to sliding big things in and out, especially how high the tail end is.
Ive owned 3 truck with plastic drop in liners, and yea, they do scuff and scratch, but I never had one that totaly destroy my bed."

So, he was a guy that ordered something exactly the opposite of what he was looking for. No wonder he was not satisfied. And he also commented he was returning it... never happened. Makes you question his reality in the end.

Bottom line, if you want your cargo to slide, don't get a DualComp. There's hundreds of liners that will allow your cargo to slide and one that stops it from sliding.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:08 AM
I agree with you Bryndon: Some people want things to slide easily, some want things to slide a little bit, other do not want things to slide at all.

Thanks for the info on the warranty.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Happy to help you out Truckgasm, as I've said before, you seem like an upstanding guy that I'd be proud to do business with - other than bedliners and maybe one day I'll convert you too

Old 12-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Dualcomp

Triton, give Dualcomp a try, it is THE best addition I've made to my truck bar none. I was sceptical, I liked the "looks" of the spray-on, but I use my truck like a truck and wanted more protection and I figured I'd have a tonneau cover over it most of the time. No need to cover this liner! I have had guys mistake it for a spray on already. I've hauled gravel, lumber, rocks, and kayaks in it and looks like the day I got it. Besides the non-skid factor another thing I like about the matt is crawling on it. With the tonnoeau cover closed it sure makes it more comfortable to crawl on.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:56 AM
I think I'm getting a little off the subject here, but...

One aspect of the spray-on business that's different than yours is the fun factor. About 30% of my business is spraying things other than bedliners. Bedliners can get boring, spraying other stuff is really major fun. I've sprayed all sorts of stuff. The latest: I sprayed a forklift for a major food company in yellow and black. I found out they are using a picture of it for their brochure! (And, they have 19 more for us to spray.) FUN!

Old 12-16-2005, 12:02 PM
I'll give you that, you can play with other "toys"!

I'm working on adding other things to our big picture - just following the Dual Composition thought process... we'll see what new toys I can play with next year!

Old 12-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Personally if I couldn't have a spray in liner I would get a herculiner kit and roll it on. I've done this and it works great as long as you do good prep work. It's like a paint job in that the better the prep work the better the finished job. If I couldn't have either of these I would rather have no bed liner at all.

Quick Reply: best bedliner for the money?