2004 - 2008 F-150

locating wires

Old 10-28-2005, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
locating wires

I am trying to locate the proper wires for my alarm install. The instructions say that the door lock/unlock outputs should show a negative voltage when the lock/unlock button is pressed. At rest mine read around .05V and when the button is pressed read about .85V. Are these the correct wires? They are the only wires of that color in the door sill.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:46 PM
This website should help you a lot, open up the installation manual and look for 2004 F150. I think you're installing a Code Alarm? The Ford wire colors and pin numbers should be the same in this manual.

http://www.gemsen.com/ford/

Old 10-28-2005, 01:42 PM
2004 F-150 Remote Start & Security Wiring Info

PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT
YES TRANSPONDER (Bypass or Data module required) SEE NOTES

12 VOLTS
Green/violet Ignition switch harness +

IGNITION
Blue/green Ignition switch harness +

ACCESSORY
Black/green Ignition switch harness +

STARTER
Red/gray Ignition switch harness +

TACH SIGNAL
Opposite of Red/green At any coil on engine AC

FUEL INJECTOR
Opposite of Red At any injector on engine AC

LOCK
Pink/yellow Low in driver's kickpanel -

UNLOCK
Pink/green Low in driver's kickpanel -

DOORPIN
Black/Yellow & Black/Pink*
*DOORPINS in this vehicle are independent, WITHOUT factory keyless Drivers door is Black/Yellow, Passenger Door is Black/Pink,found in gray plug in drivers kick panel, With factory keyless Drivers door is Black/Yellow, Passenger door is Black/Pink, Left rear door is Black/Lt.Blue, Right Rear Door is black/White , All wires are found at B.C.M. behind rear driver's side panel.

BRAKESWITCH
Green At switch above brake pedal +

PARKLIGHTS
Brown At light switch harness +

KEY SENSE
Black/pink Ignition switch harness +

TRANSPONDER IGNITION
Red/lt.green In 4-pin plug on steering column +

TRANSPONDER DATA 1
Gray/orange In 4-pin plug on steering column DATA

TRANSPONDER DATA 2
White/lt.green In 4-pin plug on steering column DATA

TRANSPONDER GROUND
Black/lt.blue In 4-pin plug on steering column -

Vehicle notes
PLEASE NOTE: This vehicle is equipped with TRANSPONDER chips in the ignition keys. This will need to be bypassed for Remote Starter installation. A keyless bypass module may be available, contact your distributor to find out. If one of these modules is not available to you, see the appropriate security diagram for bypass instructions.
*Doorpins in this vehicle are independent, WITHOUT factory keyless Drivers door is Black/Yellow, Passenger Door is Black/Pink,found in gray plug in drivers kick panel,
With factory keyless Drivers door is Black/Yellow, Passenger door is Black/Pink, Left rear door is Black/Lt.Blue, Right Rear Door is black/White , All wires are found at B.C.M. behind rear driver's side panel.

Last edited by Tony2; 10-28-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:47 PM
P.S. If ou cant find wires or if you want to make it realy easy on yourself PM me your email address and I will email you a exploded picture of them. GEMSEN is my competition and I would rather give you the info then have to use them! lol

Tony

Old 10-28-2005, 01:55 PM
When you test for negative trigger, you measure the wire (as ground), so either you can connect one of your leads to 12V the other to your suspect - trigger wire, hit the switch and watch to see if 12V show up on the meter, or you can check continuity. Put one of your leads on ground, the other on the - wire, hit the switch, they your continuite should show 0 Ohm or beep!

You probably had the right wires, you just need to think backwards when checking for - triggers.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:07 PM
heh I misread what you were asking...........what Frostby said!

Tony

Last edited by Tony2; 10-28-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:14 PM
I thought of anothe fun way to check the wires!

-Careful, this is not the smartest thing to do!---

just touch the suspect wire to ground, you'll either get a spark, nothing, or the locks will do their thing!!! Back in the day that's how we tested the wires when we tried to get 'em installed in less than 2 hours!!!

Old 10-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Just probing the wire through a test light will do the same (On a - pulse doorlock trigger) without the risk though! lol I don't recommend even using testlights on the newer vehicles.......meter is the way to go

Tony

Old 10-28-2005, 06:59 PM
The instruction manual for the alarm tells you that there are two wires from the system that should be connected to constant power. It says to hook one wire up to each constant power wire. I only see one constant power wire in the ignition harness. Could these instructions be wrong or am I just missing something?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: locating wires