most disturbing cartoon I have ever seen (should be banned)

Old 07-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down most disturbing cartoon I have ever seen (should be banned)

Last night I was playing Sorry with my 10 year old nephew while he was watching cartoons on the Cartoon Network. What I saw on the one he was watching was truly shocking. I have no idea what the name of it was, but it is definately no something that should be shown, especially when children can see it. It was on about 10-10:30 on Wednesday night.

It was about some woman who was trying to keep some other guy hostage. Well one scene was really shocking. It showed a girl take a pistol, spin the revolver and put it to her head and then pull the trigger blowing her head up and committing sucide. Then it started showing women turn into monsters trying to kill the guy. This cartoon was truly sick.

I used to watch many cartoons when I was younger and I have never seen anything like this. I think it was during the "Adult Swim" series of cartoons. I normally say that people can watch whatever they want to watch, but this cartoon was very disturbing and I really think that this is something that should not be shown on TV and if it is, then shown on a channel that children have no access to. It is cartoons like this are not what children should be watching. Many do not understand what is happening during these scenes and then they try to copy these scenes and then end up getting hurt. I know my nephew always tries to imitate things he sees on the cartoons, especially fighting scenes. I know that there were plenty of cartoons on TV when I was younger that had fighting and things like that, but none of them ever showed a suicide on the cartoon like the one I watched last night.

Sorry for this long rant, but that cartoon really disturbed me.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Well I agree the cartoon sounds sick.

The Adult swim is a warning that children shouldn't be watching and if my kids are up that late Cartoon network is a no-no.

Parents have a responsibility to control what their kids watch not some bureaucrat who says that it ain't allowed. I agree it shouldn't be on TV but because of common decency not restrictive law.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you sure it wasn't on Spike? CN is ussually pretty good about what they show. That time of night we are watching The Dukes on CMT but I have watched CN all hours of the night and I haven't seen anything that disturbing like that on it. I'm pretty protective of what my girls can watch.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Sounds like a riot! I gotta watch more cartoon network. What really pisses me off is when they re-run the old Looney Toons, the clips of Daffy Duck getting shot in the face are cut out, any shooting other charecters are cut out, etc... WTF?! That stuff is funny as hell. I laughed my **** off when I was a kid watching Looney Toons with my dad.

And what the hell is your kid doing up at 10 anyway?! I say grow a pair and pay attention to the programming guide more carefully if your that worried. Also, thanks to you and your other liberal hippie bastards that ruined Looney Tunes.

God this country is going downhill fast!!!

Old 07-07-2005, 09:30 AM
CN can get pretty bad but....it aint the govt business to tell them what to do.

Looney Tunes is great and I didn't realize they took out the shooting scenes...they are great. We have some on DVD though so my kids can see the classics.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:30 AM
No different really than Elmer Fudd blowing Daffy's head off, or Wylie Coyote falling off a cliff.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude,
Do you know how many Acme Products that Whilie bought that I wanted to try to make when I was a kid? Violence always has and always will be a part of cartoons thats whats so funny about them. I always like when Bugs would drive Elmor or Yosamite crazy untill they would grab a HUGE wooden mallet or something from off screen and hit themselfs over the head driving themselfs in to the ground like a fence post.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Yep.

TV is not a babysitter or parent substitute.
I have never let my daughters (much to their disgust and protests) have a TV in their bedrooms either.
They used to watch TV with us or, if it wasn't suitable, go to bed.
British TV has what they call the "9 O'Clock Watershed" which means that before 9pm it is suitable for family viewing and after 9pm, programmes may have adult content.
If they are too young to see adult content, they probably should be in bed by that time anyway.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:33 AM
aadult swim in CN is pretty gory if u get into the vampire hunter and anime's....

Old 07-07-2005, 11:18 AM
I've made it well known to my son(6) that if I ever catch CN on he's in trouble. They show inappropriate shows at all hours of the day (example Ed Edd and Eddy). They might as well run Beavis and Butthead reruns with it. I recently unblocked the channel because they do run the new transformers wich I record for him to watch later.

Nick has gotten somewhat out of hand lately too. Some of the stuff on their NickToons channel is really "out there". Mainly the short films. Might be ok for older kids in their teens, but common, running the stuff mixed with Spongebob? Then some of the true kids toons deal with adult/teen situations all the time.

Anyway, CN can run what they want, but I think Disney and Nick should run blocks oriented to certain age groups so parents can let their kids watch some toons without having to worry about them seeing something that borders on adult entertainment. I need to get my VCR reprogrammed and just record toon shows and watch the tapes back.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=dzervit]Sounds like a riot! I gotta watch more cartoon network.

And what the hell is your kid doing up at 10 anyway?!

---------------------------------------------------------------

EXACTLY ...
Besides the Looney Tunes were originally made for adults anyway, to be
shown in between movies at the theaters, just like the 3 Stooges
Go bugs, Go Daffy, Go Elmer, keep trying Wyle E. ..

I got almost ALL those on old school video so I can watch without the bs
editing ...

Old 07-07-2005, 11:31 AM
I've noticed that A LOT of the Japanese Anime on Adult Swim is very twisted and hard to follow, as well as being EXTREMELY graphic. One night I flipped past it and there was something on and it was almost like kiddie ****!!! I was disgusted. I have a 10 year old and a 4 year old that love to watch CN. I just have to be careful about what time it is.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
TV past like 8pm is pretty iffy, I think the only safe channel would be the Disney channel, maybe
Yea, I was watching Discovery lat night and Mythbusters was on. BTW, when they shoot people in old Western movies, they bullet doesn't push the body through the bar window. Also, Water Torture is bad. Furthermore, there is no magic tone frequency that makes you release your bowels.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Adult Swim has a disclaimer before they start showing their 'toons.
Their cartoons are geared toward "Adults", hence the moniker "Adult Swim".

PS: I like Adult Swim!
Aqua Teen Hunger Force ROCKS!

Old 07-07-2005, 12:15 PM
if you have a child that young watching TV at 10:30, unsupervised, there is a bigger problem than what the network is airing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: most disturbing cartoon I have ever seen (should be banned)