Connecting Wires , Cassette to CD

Old 06-03-2005, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connecting Wires , Cassette to CD

I need help on figuring out how to install a cd-player into my 1995 Ford F-150 XL truck. The wires are all here, just I'm not sure how to connect them.

Okay I am looking at the CD player now (Pioneer DEH-5 SuperTuner III D; 40wx4) ... I do not see a any diagrams or install instructions on the back of the CD player. I believe all the wires are here. But I'm not sure.. I recieved the Cd-player from a friend of mine who purhcased a new one.

the wire colors comming out of the pioneer deck:
Black,Blue/White(SYSTEMREMOTECONTROL:TAG),White/Black,Gray/Black,Green,Green,Purple,Purple/Black,Gray.

Those are the color of the wires sticking out in the back.

I'm not sure which ones are for speakers and which are power.
I kept all the old connectors that connected to the stock radio. They are still in-dash.

Could someone give me some help?
thanks

Old 06-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Pioneer used 2 different types of wiring, an older non - standard type where it had an orange wire for power... then the following info is incorrect.

If it's like the current wiring here you go!

The black striped wires are negative...

Yellow = 12V constant
Red = 12V switched
Black = ground
blue = 12v 200ma output(amp,ant, acc turn on)

Purples = rear passenger
Greens = rear drivers
Greys = front passengers
Whites = front drivers

Last edited by frostby; 06-03-2005 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Unfortianlatley he doesnt have the conventional wire colors.

Im not familiar with the old color ones, but if you did a search on yahoo or something you might find something.

Does your friend still have the manual, or remember which wire is what. Or if you have a stereo place close to where you live you could see if they have anything that would tell.

Old 06-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah, shoulda figured, DEH 5 goes back a long ways. This is the one where yellow was accessory, orange was constant, and... urrrgggh, I know all the colors, but can't remember the correct order.

The listed colors he posted screwed me up, the typical old colors weren't listed like the black/grey, black/green, etc...

Old 06-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Alright , it's been a few days I suppose since I made my last visit here at the Forums. I see one of you added a list of wires that may be the right connections. I will try this out Thursday. Hopefully it'll go well. If not I'm not sure how it hooks up ... I may have to take it into a shop... or something.

Any other tips?*

Old 06-09-2005, 10:04 AM
I would go to a stereo shop (Best Buy, Circuit City, local guys, etc.) and buy a wiring harness for your year model truck. Also, while there, you could have them go ahead and wire the radio to the wiring harness using their knowledge/equipment, that way all you do is plug it into your factory harness.

it's an option......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Connecting Wires , Cassette to CD