SuperCrew

Heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heated seats

I have an 2003 F-150 FX4 Lariat SuperCrew with heated seats. The driver seat is not heating. I have removed the heater module under the passanger seat and installed it under the drivers seat and it still does not heat. The passenger seat heats no matter what module is on it. Also, the light on the switch luminates when I press it to heat but it does not heat. Has anyone else had this issue?

Old 02-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Same problem here with my 2001 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat. I didn't bother to pull the passenger module and test in the drivers side-- still under extended warranty and that's one reason why it's going back to the dealer tomorrow.

Old 02-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Let me know

Please let me know what they find and how they fixed it. I do not have an extended warranty and the info would be very helpful. Thanks

Old 02-16-2005, 12:21 AM
raidertech- will do. I don't expect to pick it up until Friday evening considering the list of things needing fixed.

Old 02-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Thanks

Old 02-19-2005, 09:03 PM
raidertech- Even though I left my truck for two full days, the service department screwed around until the second day to start working on it. The heater element replacement wasn't completed until nearly 7 PM Friday so I picked it up today (Saturday). The repair ticket simply indicated the heater element was replaced and nobody on duty this AM had any further information. Well, I left with my truck only to discover the heated seat is STILL NOT WORKING. When I called back to explain the situation, I was told they had to bring in a local upholstery shop to remove the leather seat cover to replace the heating element.... which sounds completely stupid to me. Anyway, I'll drop it off (again) on Monday and get to the bottom of this nonsense.

By the way, this is the first and last visit to these morons. They had a $740 billing waiting for me this AM and it took me nearly 45 minutes to explain the correct amount was $500. They finally got it right...

Old 02-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Have a 02 do the same thing. They did have to remove the seat cover and replace the heater inside the seat on the drivers side. The first time they just replaced the element and it did not help. So in my opion it sounds like your going to be taking the seat apart.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:54 PM
raidertech, I have not forgotten to reply. As hard as it may be to believe, this blue oval dealer has had my truck for 4 consecutive days this week and still have not been able to get the heated seat functioning properly. Now, that's in addition to the two full days they had it a couple of weeks ago. So, it goes back in again on Monday for their third attempt. AMAZING.

Old 03-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Ok, three trips to the Blue Oval dealership for 8 total days in the shop and here's the explanation. There are individual heater elements for the seat bottom and seat back. Both elements were replaced two times before discovering an electrical short in the wiring to the seat back element. The short would cause both new elements to fail. After several minutes of probing questions, that's the best I could get from these guys. And, they do claim the leather upholstery must be removed to replace the elements. Raidertech, hope this helps you in some way.

Old 03-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Heated seats

Can heated seats be added? And is it even worth the hassel ?

Old 03-14-2005, 11:25 AM
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/unsehekit.html

that seems to be the best price i can find for a heated seat kit. looks like it wouldn't really be hard to install at all.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Old 04-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Re: Heated seats

Originally posted by bigtoughford
Can heated seats be added? And is it even worth the hassel ?
I added seat heaters to the back seats of my '02 King Ranch SCrew. It was actually fairly easy. In this truck the leather seat covers are held on by a couple of plastic clips, and some velcro where the leather is seamed together. The wiring is dead easy.

To make the job easier, I completely removed the back seats and unbolted the front seats so I could run the wiring.

The only problem I have with the units is that the switches provided don't have an auto shut off timer. If the kids turn them on and then get out for school, the seat heaters are on for the whole commute.

My driver's seat heat has given out on me. I may take the cover off that seat and see if I can figure out whether there's a short in the wiring, or whether the heater element is dead.

Old 04-15-2005, 12:44 PM
i know someone who's seat on there Navigator burnt while they were driving it. can you imagine how warm it would have gotten until you were able to pull over. lucky for here it just burnt the seat and nothing else. makes me glad my leather seats in my lariat don't have the drivers heated seat . if i'd had ordered it would have.

Old 12-04-2005, 09:50 PM
How hard is it to remove the leather to install the heated seats?

Quick Reply: Heated seats