Throttle assembly/cable/pedal lube points?

Old 01-21-2005, 06:43 PM
JHL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Throttle assembly/cable/pedal lube points?

I know that the Haynes manual isnt the greatest, but can anbody tell me where the lube points are for the throttle cable and pedal are?

it is getting that dry slightly sticking feeling.

Any help would be appreciated...

Old 01-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Banned
i wouldnt assume that there ARE any... i mean the cable itself is encased by plastic, and the pedal itself, well... that should always be very loose, to the point where lubrication isnt ever required... i mean my 72 nova pedal was bone dry, and always worked well for me maybe your spring is wearing down? or maybe the throttle body plate assembly is sticking? you could try lubing the outside of the throttle body springs and such with some silicone spray, and see how that works... be careful not to get any inside though, could cause problems... just be methodical with it, and very precise...

Old 01-21-2005, 07:56 PM
You probably need to check the throttle body plate to make sure there isnt a bunch of buildup at the butterfly.

Just use your hand to open the throttle and see if it feels smooth. If you still get the sticky feeling, remove the intake and use some intake cleaner to clean the throttle body (dont use carb or brake cleaner).

Old 01-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned
one time i sprayed carb cleaner (cuz i had nothing else) on a rag, and wiped down the inside of my throttle body... everything seems to be working fine, this was a while ago... whats bad about it?

Old 01-21-2005, 10:06 PM
There is a protective coating in the inside of the TB. Brakewash is to harsh and may damage or remove this. the coating is there to help prevent build up on it.

Old 01-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Banned
well, i didnt use brake cleaner, but i did use carb cleaner, and just a lil while ago... i sprayed it all down with some STP throttle body/air intake cleaner.... looks nice now not as cruddy as before, and there was a lot of brow crap that came off it..... man that thing was hard to start! lol i used a lot... but it evened out and everything was good afterwards seems like it may be a slight bit better with my throttle response... who knows

Old 01-22-2005, 11:27 AM
JHL
Butterfly and TB are both clean. There must be some grease points on the pedal, because I remember a dealership saying that was one of the items to be performed @ a service over 5 years ago!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Throttle assembly/cable/pedal lube points?