DayStar Leveling kit on 2004 supercrew 4x4

Old 01-06-2005, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up DayStar Leveling kit on 2004 supercrew 4x4

Just put on a daystar leveling kit for 2004 F-150. Kit cost 120 from 4 wheel parts, and had it installed for 100 plus 75.00 for alignment. If your going to get it leveled, buy the kit one place then have it installed elsewhere, such as a local tire & automotive mechanic, you'll get a better price. The kit looks awesome, doesn't make the tires look small but allowed for bigger ones down the road. Mickey Thompson, Cooper, BFG, and Pro Comp are all coming out w/ a new 305/65-18 size tire this spring and summer to meet demand for new f-150 18" wheels. I plan to wait to see what comes out. E-mail with any questions.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:24 PM
no, decided not to do it my self. I got it installed for 100 bucks, plus 74 for the alignment. It requires a coil spring compressor, which are hard to come by. I'm pretty mechanicly enclined but i'm not a mechanic by any means. I hear the " EZ-Lift " can be done pretty easy but didn't have time to have it delivered before I go back to college. Getting my westin sportsman grille guard w/ spray on liner on it put on tommarow, should look good. Will post pictures of level & grille guard once complete.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:31 PM
now what all comes included in the leveling kit? Did it really raise the front up much?

anyone have a link as to where i can purchase a kit for my '01 F-150 4x4?

Old 01-11-2005, 01:41 PM
yes, it lifted it up alot, the difference is like night and day. It comes w/ 2 polyeurethene spacers for each side and bolts and instructions. very easy to install according to the mechanic.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Does the 04 use a front suspension with springs? or where do the spacers go?

Old 01-11-2005, 11:42 PM
the 04's have a spring over gas shock setup. The coil spring is around a gas shock. The spacers bolt where the spring meets the control arm, the thing that holds the spring. I believe there is one spacer where the spring meets the top part and one spacer for the bottom part totalling 2 1/2 inches. The spacers are polyurethene which means you'll never have to worry about rust like with some kits that use aluminum. Aluminum + steel = rust. I also put daystar leveling kit on a 2001 4runner that i used to have, loved it then, love this one too.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by texastechKA
the 04's have a spring over gas shock setup. The coil spring is around a gas shock. The spacers bolt where the spring meets the control arm, the thing that holds the spring. I believe there is one spacer where the spring meets the top part and one spacer for the bottom part totalling 2 1/2 inches. The spacers are polyurethene which means you'll never have to worry about rust like with some kits that use aluminum. Aluminum + steel = rust. I also put daystar leveling kit on a 2001 4runner that i used to have, loved it then, love this one too.
Ok, that's what i figured. Thanks.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Are any of you doing any heavy towing? I've got a tandem-axle boat trailer that use my truck to pull. I've been tossing around the idea of getting a daystar, but I'm wondering about the rear sagging w/o any airbags back there. Dunno- maybe I'll just wait till later this year and buy an F250.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Can you tell any difference in the ride? Handling?
Thanks

Old 01-18-2005, 04:20 PM
untill the spacers settled out the front end felt a little bit over responsive, and it almost felt like the vehicle would roll over if turned right and hit the right hole on a turn or something. The spacers settled out and now the ride feels completely factory. Very smooth ride, it only makes the truck look completely bad *** ! i have gotten awesome feedback from my fraternity brothers, it makes the difference. One of my frat. brothers has a 2004 f-150 red fx4 crew cab, and ive got the 2004 f-150 4x4 lariat red crew cab, i have the leveling kit and a westin brush guard w/ rhino lining sprayed on it. The leveling kit really helps out w/ the brush guard also.

Old 01-18-2005, 04:20 PM
untill the spacers settled out the front end felt a little bit over responsive, and it almost felt like the vehicle would roll over if turned right and hit the right hole on a turn or something. The spacers settled out and now the ride feels completely factory. Very smooth ride, it only makes the truck look completely bad *** ! i have gotten awesome feedback from my fraternity brothers, it makes the difference. One of my frat. brothers has a 2004 f-150 red fx4 crew cab, and ive got the 2004 f-150 4x4 lariat red crew cab, i have the leveling kit and a westin brush guard w/ rhino lining sprayed on it. The leveling kit really helps out w/ the brush guard also.

Old 01-18-2005, 04:21 PM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DayStar Leveling kit on 2004 supercrew 4x4