2004 F150 SCAB Fuse box location?

Old 11-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 F150 SCAB Fuse box location?

I've looked all over...looked in the owners manual and found where it was supposed to be, but I am not seeing it. Can someone explain where the fuse box is on this truck and how to get to it?
Thanks
BC

Old 11-30-2004, 10:05 AM
The box is located on the passenger side firewall behind the plastic cover. It is in the same area with the fuel reset. The panel will be right next to the door almost.

Old 12-22-2004, 07:43 PM
:santa: I also have an 04 fx4 and love the way you have to bend and twist to get to the fuse box but, if you open the pass front door and look on the kick panel to your right you will see a finger slot to pull the plastic kick panel off and then you will see the fuse box with a cover over it. note you may need a mirror to see the fuses as this location stinks

Old 01-17-2005, 04:38 AM
tell me about it, i chase wires at the plant. my chiropractor loves me

Old 09-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Bad location

I found this thread looking for 'fuse box loxation' as I blew the fuse to the front cigarette lighter in my 05 SCrew.

The Owners Manual wasnt much help stating that the fuse box is to the right of the instrument panel on the passenger side. I found it on the passenger side (thanks to this thread) but I have no idea what 'instrument panel' the manual is referring to.

If you have a flash light you can shine it just to the right of where your right foot would be if you were sitting in the passenger seat. It has a little icon of a fuse on the outside. There is a little pull at the front of this triangle cover, pull that open and it swings toward you. Then pull to your left and the door comes off. There is another cover on the fuses that has a pull tab from the bottom. Pull this and it swings up and then comes off. I would like to say to reverse these steps to but the thing back together but it's not that easy.

Get a good flashlight and maybe do some streching excersises before you begin. Call you chiropractor when you are through.

This is the abosolute worst location I have ever seen for a fuse box. And the owners manual is no help at all. Thank goodness for this forum, again.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:21 AM
F-150 Fuse Box

Thanks for the fuse box location information. How can an owners manual be so incorrect.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:11 AM
I have a 2004 lariat supercrew and i don't have an owners manuel. My back left turn signal is out, but when i turn on my lights the bulb lights up a little like the rest, then when i put on the brakes or the signal, it doesn't illuminate like the right side and the one on the top of the cab. so the bulb is working but it doesn't illuminate brighter like the other two. Is there a separate fuse for that?

Old 10-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Owner's manuals can be downloaded for free directly from Ford.

Go to www.fleet.ford.com and look under the heading of MAINTENANCE.

Bulbs have two filaments, one for the running lamps and the other is for the turn/stop lamp function. There is no separate fuse for this function. You likely have a bad bulb. Replacement instructions are in the owner's manual.

Steve

Old 10-29-2008, 11:22 AM
new bulb fixed it, thanks

Old 10-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blackscrew4x4
I have a 2004 lariat supercrew and i don't have an owners manuel. My back left turn signal is out, but when i turn on my lights the bulb lights up a little like the rest, then when i put on the brakes or the signal, it doesn't illuminate like the right side and the one on the top of the cab. so the bulb is working but it doesn't illuminate brighter like the other two. Is there a separate fuse for that?
Sounds like what you actually had was a poor ground situation- not a bad bulb.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 F150 SCAB Fuse box location?