94 F150 MAP Sensor location

Old 10-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 F150 MAP Sensor location

Need some help here, I have talked with a couple of different for shops about the location of the MAP sensor on my 94 F150. 'Autozone says it is located upper firewall, passenger side. I have looked everywhere, cannot locate the thing. Only thing I see on the passenger side is the AC and heater blower. Anyone know where this thing is located. 2wheel drive 5.0 engine.

thanks

Old 10-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Do you still have the underhood vac routing diag. Might help you to find the vac hose and then you can follow it.

Old 10-04-2004, 09:16 PM
If I remember right, the '94 F150 with the 5.0 litre Engine uses a mass air flow sensor instead of a map sensor for fuel controll.

Old 10-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Thumbs up Reply

Thanks everyone for the help. Tailgator, your correct, mine uses the MAF. But it turned out not to be to common knowledge as to this particular year not having one. I had even bought a Haynes manual, they even showed a picture of where it was located on the fire wall. But once you started looking at thier diagrams, the one for my VIN# did not show a MAP sensor. So now I have to diag other things. Having problems after about 60 miles of driving the Check Engine light comes on, and power disappears. The light cycles on and off. But the power fluctuations are not in sync with the light going off an on. If i'm idling and the power comes back, drops the tranny into first gear and takes off, fraid of dropping the trans like that. On the highway, I will loose anywhere from 5 to 10 miles an hour until it cycles backs on again. any ideas?

Gene

Old 11-05-2004, 06:29 PM
A

My truck has the same problem as Gene described, except mine does it after 15-20 minutes instead of after 60 miles. It drives fine until the check engine light comes on, then I lose power. The light will be off and on periodicaly and is usually off when I stop but has a hard time getting back up to speed and jerks when shifting. It also doesn't idle right in P&{N} it revs up then suddenly drops and sometimes kills and if it doesn't kill it keeps going up and down, but idles fine in any drive. I just replaced TPS but didn't help.
My truck is a 94 F-150 5.0 AT 4x4 with almost 170,000 miles
Any ideas would be a great help.

Old 11-06-2004, 01:08 PM
Cool

Guys, check you Oxygen Sensors. Had a similar problem where I would be driving and the truck would feel as if it was flooding itself (bog) and then about a minute later, it would pickup and just take off quickly. Ended up the codes was saying too lean and too rich, changed the sensor and never had a problem again.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Old 11-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Oxygen Sensor

Thanks for your input Dean, I changed oxygen sensor and that seemed to fix most off my problem. What a Load of my mind, I thought for sure I had an expensive repair coming up but thanks to you it only was only $43.
I still have problem with idle in park and nuetral, I tried it with transfer case in nuetral and transmision in drive and it still had problem. So it only has problem when there is no load on engine.

Thanks again Dean, and nice truck that color is awsome!

Last edited by Steve94Truck; 11-08-2004 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Cool

Steve, no problem. I am glad to help and thanks for the comments on the truck.

When you put the Oxygen sensor in the truck did you reset the computer ?? Another thing is check you IAC (Idle Air Control), it is on the side of the throttle body. Take it off and give it a good cleaning or if you wish change it out but I would try cleaning first, always the cheaper way if it doesn't solve your problem.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Old 11-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Question IAC

Yes I Reset the computer by unplugging battery and turned headlights on for more than ten minutes then plugged it back in.
I have also cleaned the IAC and I may try switching this with my brothers Sable that apears to have the same one, but have been told it would have problem in drive idle too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 94 F150 MAP Sensor location