Lightning

Clear Bra problems

Old 08-06-1999, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Clear Bra problems

For all interested in putting on a clear bra There are problems when a bug or grasshopper hits it at 100 mph or any other speed the blood and interals are staining the bra. I have got 2000 miles on 99.5 and the bra looks like hell!!!Ill have to put on real bra on to protect invisable bra. Looks terrible nothing will take stains off. Have tried simple green, denatured alcohol solvent. So if you have any ideas please let me know.

99.5 White lightning with red and yellow spots.

Old 08-06-1999, 06:41 PM
Really Old "Member"
Cool

Yahoooooo!!!!!
When Tina, Raoul,andthenesometoo pick up on this thread, it's gonna be a field day

This topic beats "Died while driving."

Ain't goin there guys.

Bill

------------------

Bill Murray
60 going on 17 w/my:
99.5 White Lightning
Summit Racing Decal
G-Tech Performance Meter. Superchip at last!

Old 08-06-1999, 06:56 PM
Not sure what you mean. By "clear bra" are you referring to the Scotchcal film installed by Invinca-Shield (and others), or a hard clear plastic cover, or just what exactly? Thanks for clarifying.

Mike

Old 08-06-1999, 07:10 PM
Mike.
It is like the 3M product that they put on like windowtint but is 10 mils. thick. It is very plyable.

Old 08-06-1999, 08:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... CLEAR BRA? Here in CANADA we don't need our women to wear clear bras. Two years ago we CANADIANS passed a law stating that women should have the right to go topless, just like men can. I love this country!8-)

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 3.55L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, SUPERCHIP (truck won't start,"DAM"!!, soon to be installed 4.10 gears.

Old 08-06-1999, 09:20 PM
lightning,

The 3M product (Scotchcal), as marketed and installed by Invinca-Shield, is 8 mil thick and advertises the point that it protects the paint from bug splats and stone chips. Its moto is, "The bug stops here". It claims easy clean-up and is guaranteed for 5 years. Plus, they will reimburse you up to $1,000 for any paint damage.

Is this 3M Scotchcal product what you have or is it another brand? If another, which one?

I'm interested in part because my '99.5 is scheduled to have the 3M Scotchcal coating installed by Invinca-Shield on Monday.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 08-06-1999, 09:31 PM
Really Old "Member"

F150 & Lightning:

Lighten up guys, go with the flow:

Discuss Scotchguard and whatever, but let us have some fun with your topic too.
Life is all to short. Enjoy.

Bill

------------------

Bill Murray
60 going on 17 w/my:
99.5 White Lightning
Summit Racing Decal

Old 08-06-1999, 09:51 PM
Mike

The company I had install this product is in Denver CO. They do both 3M and a shield called Ricochet. They say it is thicker and easier to work around the curves of cars. They said that they had never seen it happen to any car. But they install in the city envirement. I live in Kansas and lots of insects around a farming comunity. Dont know if 3m would work any different. I dont know what ill do might have to take it off. I dont know what to tell you but this stuff cost to much money to not work right. But blood and heat does impregnate and stain material. If you do get 3M product put on let me know how it works.

Old 08-06-1999, 11:31 PM
Bill,

Hey man, since you bring it up, I'm all for having fun and joking around about bras and stuff, but just hesitate to waste a lot of bandwith on such an off topic subject. Anyway, I guess a joke or two is a good thing, so bring 'em on (in moderation, of course ).

Mike

Old 08-06-1999, 11:41 PM
lightning,

My neighbor has had all of his recent vehicles coated with 3M's Scotchcal (Hummer, Vette, Boxster) and has nothing but praise for the product. I also have two friends who own $500,000+ Prevost motor homes with Scotchcal coating and swear by the stuff.

I live in central Florida, where it's hot, humid and the bugs are the size of Godzilla, so our climate and my driving habits should really give this stuff a good workout. Will let you know how it fares.

Mike

Old 08-07-1999, 07:04 PM
Really Old "Member"

Hey guys, sorry. I lack discipline, always have.

Seriously, up here in N. Ga. we have few bug problems, but due to the huge amount of residential and business construction, we have hundreds if not thousands of dump/construction trucks running around dropping a lot of debris.
My Lightning is FASTWhite, and the nicks and dings do show (told you I had no discipline), and I would like to follow up with you and others if the ScotchCal stuff really does protect against stone type chips. Frankly, I figured I was going to have to repaint the front fascia/bumper every year or so. That apparently costs about $400 per re-paint, so that would figure into my calculations.
Please keep the thread going.

Bill

------------------

Bill Murray
60 going on 17 w/my:
99.5 White Lightning
Summit Racing Decal

Old 08-07-1999, 07:17 PM
Gee if I ever encountered bug/debris stains on my bra I would definitely change the location or position or failing that, the detergent.
Clear huh?...leave it to you guys!

Old 08-07-1999, 07:55 PM
Bill.
Bill
I two have the fastest color of 99.5.and dont take offense to your comments. Just wanted to let people be aware of problems. Will ask my installer about 3M Scotchcal i think he sells it too. The product is the only way to protect the frontends I think. looks great . Going up town to look for the trans am will have a little fun. Keep us posted .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clear Bra problems