2004 - 2008 F-150

Mounting hardware for bed extender?

Old 10-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mounting hardware for bed extender?

I picked up a OEM 2004 F-150 Ford Bed Extender off of E-bay for my 2004 F-150 Screw. It did not come with the mounting hardware. I am guessing that all I need is the little bolt thing that mounts on the side of the bed.

Does anyone have any idea what the part number for this item is or even what it looks like?

Old 10-13-2004, 10:52 AM
I just bought some for my extender, they look just like your tailgate ones but they are shorter, you can get em' from FORD both for about 8 bucks I believe! You just have to slowly start threading them into your factory holes and your done!

Old 10-13-2004, 11:05 AM
Re: Mounting hardware for bed extender?

Originally posted by BirdyMaker
Does anyone have any idea what the part number for this item is or even what it looks like?
your local dealer's parts department should be able to get that... when you buy ford parts, the hardware, etc. that comes with it has part numbers that are listed on the invoice... at least that's been the case with my ford mods....

Old 10-13-2004, 11:28 AM
The reason I am asking is because I went to the dealer I bought my truck and they had a really hard time finding the part. At first they told me they only came with the bed extender and are not sold seperately. Then the manager came out and told the parts guy what to lookup......he then states that he found them, but they would have to order them. I said that would be OK, but what do they cost. The parts guys says they would be about $50.00. I think they looked up the wrong part. Needless to say I did not order the part for that kind of price for 2 bolts.

That is why I was wondering what the part number is.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:15 PM
have you tried fordaccessoriesstore.com? or another dealer in your area? and maybe motox can tell you where and how he got his? good luck!

Old 10-13-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm tellin ya, your dealer is trying to rip you off, they tried to tell me it came with the bed extender and I made him keep looking and then he found them, brought them to the counter and low and behold they were what I needed. I wish I still had the part # to help you but I can tell you that you "can" get them, I also bought my extender off ebay and needed the same parts so, it's just a matter of getting your dealer to take the time and look up the part.

Old 10-13-2004, 04:03 PM
I went to another dealer and they told me the same thing "you can only get these with the bed extender". I asked what I was supposed to do when I no longer had the bolts. He decided to lookup last years model and ordered those for me. They were just under $20.00 for 2 of them. He said as far as he could tell the mounting bolt has not changed for any bed extender for a long time no matter what Ford truck you have. When these get here tomorrow I will walk out to the lot and make sure they are right.

If I do get the right part I will let everyone know. I will also post the part number so others can do the same thing.

Old 10-13-2004, 04:22 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If it's the same...

The P/N for the mounting pins is listed in ink at the bottom right...

W707381 S900

RP

Old 10-14-2004, 07:42 PM
RockPick, you are so correct on this one. I tried Ford part # W707381-S900 and it is the one for my 2004 F150.

When I picked up the bolts I went out and compared them to a new 2004 with the bed extender and they were an exact match. While I was looking I noticed that there is also some plastic grommets that I need, to help secure the pin that slides in and out. I am now guessing that the grommets are probably the same as older f-150's. I guess I will need to go back and see if they can get me those grommets. I can see the grommets in view A of RockPicks picture above.

Thanks for everyones help.

Old 10-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure I helped but, if I did, I'm glad it worked out...

Old 10-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Grommets???

Birdy,
Did you get the grommets that you needed?
I also got an extender off Ebay and bought the pivot bolts but not the grommets.
Do you have a part number?
thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mounting hardware for bed extender?