door switch

Old 03-13-2000, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry door switch

Can anyone tell me how to repair/replace the striker switch that tell the truck that the door is closed. I had mine replace by the Ford place (under warranty) but I have to replace one on a friends truck and he's out of warranty. Any help would be gratelly appreciated.

------------------
1998 F150 XLT, extended cab 3 door,Pacific Green, towing package, 4.6L V8, 3.55 LS,Lund deflector, K&N Air Filter, Diamond Plate Toolbox, Whistler Radar Dectector, Uniden Police Scanner, 29WX-ST Cobra CB Radio. A Clarion Security System with Keyless Entry,
Audio Mods
Kenwood KDC-6011 CD player/changer control head unit.
JL 10" sub-woofer
Fultron "Depth Charge" amp 200w max.
4, TR570-CX JL Audio Coaxial Speakers (factory location)

Go see my truck and my Grandfather's truck at <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Strasse/1992" TARGET=_blank>

Http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Strasse/1992

</A>

Old 03-13-2000, 05:00 PM
J-C
Thumbs up

It is INSIDE the door connected to the handle.

Old 03-13-2000, 11:47 PM
That's a great start. Where near the door handle (inside or out) and what does it look like. I'm just looking for some more detail before I tear into the door. I've removed most of a door before while installing the new speakers in my truck.
Thanks for the help J-C.

------------------
1998 F150 XLT, extended cab 3 door,Pacific Green, towing package, 4.6L V8, 3.55 LS,Lund deflector, K&N Air Filter, Diamond Plate Toolbox, Whistler Radar Dectector, Uniden Police Scanner, 29WX-ST Cobra CB Radio. A Clarion Security System with Keyless Entry,
Audio Mods
JL 10" sub-woofer

Go see my truck and my Grandfather's truck at <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Strasse/1992" TARGET=_blank>

</A>

Old 03-15-2000, 01:37 PM
I think we had a thread that details this subject because a few members were having trouble with theirs sticking in the on position. The topic was interior light stays on. I think the fix was spraying some cleaner in the hole in the door. Try searching for it. It was only a few weeks back.

------------------
1997 Arctic White F-150 XLT Flareside SC, K&N, Magnaflow muffler, Air Box mods, Bugflector II, Soft Tonneau Cover, Chrome Westin Bars, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, tinted windows

Flares Rule!!!!!

Old 03-15-2000, 02:20 PM
I did a search and found the WD-40 fix. I'm going to try that first and then go with replacing the part. At $14 it might be worth the better to replace it for a more permanent fix.

Thanks for the help.

------------------
Audio Mods
JL 10" sub-woofer

</A>

Old 03-15-2000, 06:14 PM
Angry

Got the switch put in. It seems to be fixing all of the problems.
If this problem happens to you and the WD-40 thing doesn't fix it? Take it to the dealership. DON'T TRY THIS YOURSELF unless you are a trained mechanic or a contortionist. We had to eventually have the Ford garage put the actuall switch in and we pulled all of the parts off to get to it and put them back on.

------------------
Audio Mods
JL 10" sub-woofer

</A>

Old 08-22-2007, 09:50 PM
door switch

i have the same problem with my 1998 f150. i was wondering how far you actually got towards replacing it before you actually took it to the dealer. would you happen to know how they got the switch out and in? i can't seem to fit my hand between the door so i'm boggled as to how to do it.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Wow, that search button does work. 7 year old thread. LOL

Shoot, I don't remember just how far we got. I think I drank that brain cell

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: door switch