Looking for center console seat replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for center console seat replacement

Im looking for a small seat to replace the center console in my 2001 f150 the center console stores the cd changer but I would like to remove the console and replace it with a seat so I can fit 3 people in front seat, anyone know where to get one, or does anyone one have one with pictures they can show me ,

Thanks

Old 01-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I had the 3 person front seat set-up you are referring to (60/40 front seats in Ford Lingo) and wanted bucket seats.

I posted here and found a guy who wanted to get rid of his front buckets and console and get the front 60/40 set-up.

Cost me $48 shipping and a few days of no front seat, but it is done now and looks awesome.

He has installed his and is happy too.

You don't have to trade anything except the seat bottoms - the seat backs are identical. Simply disassemble the seat back from the bottom and ship it off.

Also - the 60/40 has a console that folds up when you want to seat 3 people. The rest of the time you can leave it folded down and use it for storage and an arm rest.

Old 01-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bucket for bench?

You guys sound like you've got a little more figured out about seat swaps than myself. I've got a 98 F150 3-door and am looking for an improvement for the driver's seat -- more bucket, more lumbar. Are you suggesting it's possible to install a bucket bottom with the bench backrest? Can only the driver's side of the 40/60 bench unit be replaced with a bucket unit, leaving the original 60% passenger portion unaltered? Other than springing for a $1000+ custom bench seat from the aftermarket, do I have other salvage yard options for increasing my comfort level? Pete in GA

Quick Reply: Looking for center console seat replacement