Lightning

trouble code P0352 Ignition coil B primary/secondary circuit

Old 07-19-2003, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question trouble code P0352 Ignition coil B primary/secondary circuit

I was going to the post office this afternoon and stomped on the gas for a few seconds. After I left off the truck started to run really rough which surprised me because I haven't had much trouble with the current chip I'm using. Air fuels are pretty good.
Anyway, I have autoTap connected like usual and a few minutes later code P0352 pops up. It says Ignition coil B primary/secondary circuit.
I drive a couple more minutes to the post office and shut the truck down for maybe 2 minutes max. I go bak out and start the truck and it runs perfect.
Any ideas on what could have caused this? I have brand new coil packs on all cylinders. I just checked and installed new plugs 100 miles ago.

Old 07-19-2003, 05:37 PM
If I had to guess, I would think one of the coil connectors lost contact and then remade contact????

Dan

Old 07-19-2003, 05:49 PM
I thought it may be the connection on one coil pack, but if that was the case I think I would have got a trouble code for one cylinder. I was thinking this may have to do with a bad chip connection, bad wire to all of the coil packs, bad KB boost-a-spark, etc.

Old 08-03-2003, 11:57 PM
Well, I removed my engine on Friday to put new head gaskets in and when I put everything back together Saturday morning this code popped up again. On the road it stumbled badly. I'm guessing it may mean a bad coil pack, but all the coil packs are less than 2 months old...
Anyone else have experience with this code? Maybe it ia bad wire in the harness. I disconnected each coil pack and noticed a difference with every coil I disconnected...

Old 08-04-2003, 04:07 AM
Banned
Bad ground somewhere?

Old 08-04-2003, 10:29 AM
I'll look, but I don't think so.

edit: I just looked at the Ford CD I have and it has all kinds of diagnostic info.

#3052 refers to the #2 cylinder.
#3053 is #3, 3056 is #6...etc.

edit: problem found and corrected. Pink/white wire at the coil pack connector was broke under the insulation. Took awhile to diagnose, figure out how to disassemble connector and solder everything up, but it now runs great. Back to terrorizing the locals.

Last edited by easterisland; 08-04-2003 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:06 PM
trouble code P0352 Ignition coil B primary/secondary circuit

I have a 1999 F-150 4wd with a manual trans with the code P0352, my 4.6L V8 does not however have individual coil packs for each cylinder. My truck has only two coil packs that each run four cylinders. I have swapped out coil packs to eliminate this but this error still remains but the problem comes and goes. When it starts running rough (which never happens when its cold only after optimal running temp and can not happen for a long drive) the a/c also stops working which in the desert is not a good thing! I swapped out all of my plugs and the wires are only 1 year old. I had this problem before and tried a bunch of stuff to fix it and it went away for about a year, If anyone has any ideas please help! I have had issues with this truck since I got it (which have all been pretty minor like window regulators and an evap leak etc.) but I am beginning to feel like I am when it comes to this truck.
Thanks-

Old 08-14-2016, 05:09 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
The PCM automatically disables the A/C when a severe misfire event occurs.

A P0352 indicates an electrical circuit fault in the PRIMARY portion of the ignition system. The only things that can cause that is a defective coil, a defective coil driver in the PCM, or a wiring harness issues (intermittent connection or intermittent short to ground/power).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: trouble code P0352 Ignition coil B primary/secondary circuit